"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
And if I am only for myself, what am I?
And if not now, when?"
Ethics of the Fathers 1:14
The Jewish Volunteering Network (JVN) is a voluntary organisation created to support, promote and develop Jewish Volunteering in the UK.
Our strategic objectives are:
- To bring volunteers and volunteering opportunities together by providing a "one-stop shop" experience of volunteering vacancies. Potential volunteers can access our central database via our website or telephone helpline and search according to their skills, interests, location and time available.
- To stimulate more Jewish people to volunteer by promoting the notion of action and social action among potential volunteers across all ages and right across the community.
- To enable every Jewish volunteer-involving organisation to enhance the engagement of volunteers in its work.
- To establish JVN as the central source of inspiration and leadership for volunteering in Jewish organisations.
- To ensure that JVN is effectively established, governed, led, managed, resourced and promoted as a voluntary organisation which is demonstrably capable of achieving its mission and objectives.